The mission of the Bettendorf Community School District School Counseling Program is to provide services that will:
- Enhance each student’s knowledge, attitude and skills in the academic, career, and personal-social arenas
- Advocate for all students to become positive, contributing members of our diverse society
The comprehensive developmental school counseling program will include curriculum, individual student planning, responsive services, and system support.
These services will help to ensure the success of every student.
Helping Kids During Crisis
- Try and keep routine as normal as possible.
- Kids gain security from the predictability of routine, including attending school.
- Limit exposure to television and the news.
- Be honest with kids and share with them as much information as they are developmentally able to handle.
- Listen to kids’ fears and concerns.
- Reassure kids that the world is a good place to be, but that there are people who do bad things.
- Parents and adults need to first deal with and assess their own responses to crisis and stress.
- Rebuild and reaffirm attachments and relationships.